What formats for online courses does The Upper Room offer?
- Our courses fall into three categories:
- Live events -- these are call-in seminars or webinars offered at specific dates and times.
- BeADisciple partnership -- these are eCourses offered during specific calendar dates and include trained facilitators for guided conversation.
- Upper Room Online Learning -- these are self-paced courses available anytime.
What computer equipment do I need to participate?
- Our live events and eCourses with BeADisciple require high-speed Internet access and an updated computer. Some tablets are adequate for access.
- Our Upper Room Online Learning courses require high-speed internet access but can be viewed on laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone.
I feel like I’m computer illiterate. Will I be able to manage the technology?
- We offer technical support for our eCourses and eRetreats. If you’re able to check your email on your computer and know how to search for something on Google, you’ll manage our eCourses with little problem. If you are uncomfortable using the computer at all, we are glad to help you learn to navigate our eCourses.
How do I log in to my Upper Room Online Learning Course?
- Watch this video to learn how to log in.
How do I log in to DISQUS?
- This video was made to answer your question.
Do I get credit for taking eCourses?
- Upper Room eCourses and eRetreats exist for your benefit. While C.E.U.’s (continuing education credits) are available for some of our eCourses, the purpose of our online learning offerings is to support you in your daily spiritual growth.
What can I expect from a Live Event, eCourse, or Self-paced course?
- Ongoing eCourses and eRetreats include a variety of experiences – audio, video, daily readings, creative spiritual practices, and online group discussion. All Upper Room eCourses and eRetreats feature content from Upper Room books, magazines, and programs. All Upper Room content is designed to help foster daily spiritual practice for those who want to have a deeper relationship with God.
Who leads the eCourses and eRetreats?
- Each eCourse is different, but most are led by a team that includes Upper Room staff, Upper Room authors, and trained facilitators.
My church or small group is interested in combining live groups and online groups. Can you help with that?
- Yes! The Upper Room’s online offerings are customizable for your congregation or small group. To inquire about customizing options, email: UReLearning@upperroom.org.
How much do eCourses and eRetreats cost?
- The costs vary depending on the length of the eCourse and what elements are included in the eCourse. Tuition for most eCourses is $9-$45.00. Purchase of a paper copy of a book is sometimes required but not always.
Are there scholarships available?
- Yes, a limited number of scholarships are available. We invite you to donate to our scholarship fund to make it possible for us to offer assistance to those who need it. For information, contact Sharon Conley Cottingham at UReLearning@upperroom.org.
For inquiries regarding Upper Room eLearning, contact Sharon Conley Cottingham at:
+1 877.899.2780 ext. 7525
The Upper Room
1908 Grand Avenue
PO Box 340004
Nashville, TN 37203-0004