This event is ongoing.
Coloring books aren't just for kids anymore. In recent years, adult coloring books have become popular as many grownups have discovered that coloring can quiet their thoughts and reduce anxiety.
Sharon Seyfarth Garner found that coloring offered her a new way to pray. She felt especially drawn to mandalas' beautiful circular designs containing geometric patterns. Contemplative coloring is a simple, enjoyable, and tangible way for adults to "be with God on purpose," as Garner defines prayer. Praying with Mandalas blends the relaxing practice of coloring with the ancient spiritual practices of lectio divina (savoring the words of scripture), intercessory prayer, centering prayer, and Examen (seeing God in the events of our daily lives). This coloring book guides adults through a heartfelt, tangible experience of prayer, helping them create a visual prayer journal.
Our eCourse includes:
- all essential content from Praying with Mandalas by Sharon Seyfarth Garner EXCEPT printed versions of the Mandalas templates. You'll need a printer!
- video introductions to each chapter with Sharon Seyfarth Garner
- plenty of opportunities to color beautiful mandalas
- music composed specially to accompany your coloring experience
- audio recordings of prayers for each contemplative practice
- questions for personal reflection
- a place to exchange comments with others
- templates of all prayer mandalas (You will need to download and print these.)
You'll want to have a set of coloring pencils on hand for this eCourse!
All content essential for this eCourse is included in the eCourse...except a set of coloring pencils! If you wish to purchase a print copy of the book, you'll find information at The Upper Room's online bookstore.