Enrollment is now open.
The Living Nativity explores how nativity sets, Advent wreaths, candles, carols, Christmas cards, and other traditions help prepare our hearts for the God “who bends low to enter our world and our lives.” Prayer poems for each day of the season lead readers to deepen their spiritual journey, and the book provides a guided pattern for individuals and small groups to share reflections and experience activities that open their hearts to the Christ child.
The Living Nativity provides a prayer, a meditation, and reflection questions for each day of Advent. The Leader’s Guide includes suggestions for worship, discussion questions focused on the readings, and guidance for a mini-retreat on a theme of the week.
If you would like to experience the contents of this eCourse in print form, you are invited to order the book on which this eCourse is based at Bookstore.UpperRoom.org.
- Four weeks of 5 daily readings
- An optional additional week of readings after Christmas
- a suggested activity for each weekend to reinforce the weekly theme
- Sundays contain suggestions for families or small groups
- Enhancement on the reading experience with video, audio, and online discussion forum options available throughout the eCourse.